“Celebrating the Figure”, is open to all New England Artists. This juried show will focus on the realistic interpretation of the human figure. Open to all forms of applied mediums, sculpture, and printmaking. Sorry we are not accepting photography or digital media for this show.
ArtWorks Gallery, 69 Main St., Ware, MA 01082
- Each artist may submit up to two pieces for this show.
- All work must be originally conceived. Work created in an instructional setting is not considered original art.
- Sculptural work must fit through a standard height, 36′ wide door, weigh no more than 70 lbs, and if over 30′ wide, must come provided with suitable display stands.
- Artwork will be blind-juried for acceptance based on the criteria for this show using the image submitted with registration.
- All accepted work must be framed, wired, and ready to hang.
- All accepted work must be hand-delivered.
One time, non-refundable entry fee for submissions: $27 for one entry, $40 for two entries
How to Enter
Use Entry Thingy below to submit your entries online.
- Only one image for 2-D work, and up to 4 images for sculptural work are permitted.
- Please ensure that images of your artwork are of good quality, are representative of the original, and exclude the frame.
- All uploaded images must be in .jpg, .png or .gif format and at least 2 MB in size, and must have a minimum of 1000 pixels on the shortest side.
- Images must be named:FirstName_LastName_Title
- Outer Frame dimensions should be given in the dimension field.
- Dimensions for sculpture should be included in the description.
Terms of Entry
WorkShop13 will receive a 30% commission on all work sold. Art need not be for sale, but it is encouraged.
Artists retain all copyrights to submitted images and represented artwork. By entering the competition, artists selected to exhibit grant Workshop13 the rights to use the selected image(s) on social media, the website, and printed materials for promotional purposes as well as the online show posted on the Workshop13 website.
Workshop13 will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork and recommends all artists carry insurance sufficient to cover the full replacement value of their artwork. By submitting to this exhibition, each artist will be deemed to have concurred with this agreement.
Dates to remember
|Entry Deadline:||Friday, March 25th, 2022|
|Notification of Results:||Tuesday, March 29th|
|Hand Deliver Accepted Entries:||Saturday, April 2nd & Sunday, April 3rd, 1 to 4 pm|
|Show Dates and Times:||Saturday, April 9th to Saturday, April 30th. Saturdays and Sundays 1 to 5 pm. CLOSED EASTER SUNDAY|
|Opening Reception:||Saturday, April 9th, 3 to 5 pm|
|Pick-up artwork:||Sunday, May 1st 3 to 5 pm or Monday, May 2nd, 1 to 3 pm|
Roc was born in Ware, Massachusetts where he started his art career at a young age. After studying painting with Elizabeth Howe Lincoln he went on to study drawing under Dean G. Keller at Lyme Academy of Fine Arts.
Over the years he has won numerous awards at various art shows for his drawings and paintings. During the last 40 years, Roc has made a living as a professional artist. He has taught color theory and application techniques at the Northampton School of Design and is one of the founders of Workshop13, non-profit cultural arts and learning center that supports the development of visual, performing, and expressive artists. At Workshop13 Roc teaches various art classes including painting and drawing, and facilitates the Monday night, Live Model Figure Drawing.