Explore the use of the color blue and the varied psychological and symbolic meanings associated with this color.
Anne Seuthe will Jury BLUE.
ArtWorks Gallery, 69 Main St., Ware, MA 01082
1. Applicants must reside in the Northeast.
2. Each artist may submit up to 3 original pieces per entry. We may restrict the # of accepted pieces to 2 based on space and # of pieces submitted.
3. Ineligible Work: AI generated art, and work previously juried into an ArtWorks Gallery show.
4. Artwork will be juried for acceptance based on the criteria for this show using the image(s) submitted with registration.
There is a one-time, non-refundable entry fee for submissions: $25 for one piece, $35 for up to three pieces.
How to Enter
Use Entry Thingy below to submit your entries online.
1. PLEASE!!! Check the spelling and the price of each piece before submitting your work! We have no way to edit your entry information, and this data is directly used to populate our Online Show.
2. The gallery will receive a 30% commission on all work sold. Please price your work accordingly!
3. If the work is framed, Enter ONLY the outer frame dimensions in the dimension field: H W D (if 3-d)
4. Please ensure that images of your artwork are of good quality, are representative of the original, and exclude the frame. These images will also be used in the online gallery.
5. Images: Only one image for 2-D work and up to 4 images for Sculptural work are permitted.
6. Uploaded images must be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format, be between 2 -6 MB in size, and must have a minimum of 1000 pixels on the shortest side.
7. Naming your photo file: FirstName_LastName_Title (Please Do not use this naming format in the Title Field! If so, it will be used in the Online Gallery – we have no way to change it!)
– 2-D work must be framed, and securely wired across for hanging.
– Work must be hand-delivered to ArtWorks Gallery on specified dates. If mailing in work, a prepaid return label (UPS please!) must be included. Work must be received by end of day the Monday prior to the opening to be included.
Terms of Entry
WorkShop13 will receive a 30% commission on all work sold. Art need not be for sale, but is encouraged.
Artists retain all copyrights to submitted images and represented artwork. By entering the competition, artists selected to exhibit grant WorkShop13 the rights to use the selected image(s) on social media, the web site, and printed materials for promotional purposes as well as the online show posted on the WorkShop13 website.
WorkShop13 will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork, and recommends all artists carry insurance sufficient to cover the full replacement value of their artwork. By submitting to this exhibition, each artist will be deemed to have concurred with this agreement.
Dates to remember-
|Entry Deadline:||December 14, 2023 by midnight|
|Notification of Results:||December 19, 2023|
|Hand Deliver Entries:||Sunday January 14th | 1:00 – 3:00 PM
Monday January 15th | 1:00 – 3:00 PM
|Show Dates and Times:||January 20th through February 25th, 2024
Saturdays and Sundays| 1:00-4:00 PM
|Opening Reception||Saturday, January 20 | 3 to 5 pm|
|Pick-up artwork:||Sunday February 25th | 3-4 PM
Monday February 26th | 1 -3 PM
Anne Seuthe is the Interim Director at The Augusta Savage Gallery at the University of Massachusetts.
She has also taught studio arts at the University of Massachusetts and was Director of the Hampden Gallery there for 20 years where she curated over 100 solo & group exhibitions during her tenure.
Seuthe holds an MFA from the University of Massachusetts. Her public collaborative projects include SUPERnatural, at AIO, X Marks the Spot, DUMBO Arts Festival, Brooklyn, NY, Intrude 366 at the Zendai MoMa in Shanghai, China,Physical Geography/Psychological Landscape at Goethe Institute in Dresden, Germany & the Distillery Gallery in Boston, MA. She has also served as a mentor & panelist of the TransCulturalExchange International Opportunities in the Arts Conference in Boston, MA.
She has been a resident artist in the East/West artist residency in Carei, Romania and her work has been included in several group exhibitions to include Mapping Heaven, Front Room Gallery, NY,The American Dream at Takt Projekt Raum in Berlin, Germany, A Prize Every Time at A.P.E. Gallery in Northampton, MA & AmericAura in Cameroon, West Africa.