Food and the elaborate tableware with which it is served have always been the subject of art. The art of cuisine relies on the interplay between artful plating and the plates themselves. From still-life to ceramic vessels and platters, from abstract to realism, and from serious to whimsical, we welcome all work that fits the theme!
This is a paired show. Serve it up! to be held in the front gallery will consist of works that are over 10 inches in all dimensions. The back gallery will display ‘Little Treats’, small pieces that fit within a 10-inch cube.
Open to all 2-D and 3-D mediums. At this time, we are unable to accept electronic media. Both large and small pieces can be submitted together in each entry.
ArtWorks Gallery, 69 Main St., Ware, MA 01082
- Each artist may submit up to three pieces for this show.
- Kits, reproductions, and work previously juried into an ArtWorks Gallery show are ineligible.
- Sculptural work must fit through a standard height, 36′ wide door, weigh no more than 70 lbs, and if over 30′ wide, must come provided with suitable display stands.
- Artwork will be blind-juried for acceptance based on the criteria for this show using the image submitted with registration.
- All accepted work must be framed, wired, and ready to hang.
- All accepted work must be hand-delivered.
One-time, non-refundable entry fee for submissions is: $27 for one entry, $37 for two entries, and $47 for three entries.
How to Enter
Use Entry Thingy below to submit your entries online.
- Only one image for 2-D work and up to 4 images for sculptural work are permitted.
- Please ensure that images of your artwork are of good quality, are representative of the original, and exclude the frame.
- All uploaded images must be in .jpg, .png or .gif format and at least 2 MB in size, and must have a minimum of 1000 pixels on the shortest side.
- Images must be named:FirstName_LastName_Title
- Outer Frame dimensions should be given in the dimension field.
- Dimensions for sculpture should be included in the description.
Terms of Entry
WorkShop13 will receive a 30% commission on all work sold. Art need not be for sale, but it is encouraged.
Artists retain all copyrights to submitted images and represented artwork. By entering the competition, artists selected to exhibit grant Workshop13 the rights to use the selected image(s) on social media, the website, and printed materials for promotional purposes as well as the online show posted on the Workshop13 website.
Workshop13 will not be held responsible for the loss or damage of any artwork and recommends all artists carry insurance sufficient to cover the full replacement value of their artwork. By submitting to this exhibition, each artist will be deemed to have concurred with this agreement.
Dates to remember-
|Entry Deadline:||Thursday, October 13th at midnight!|
|Notification of Results:||Tuesday, May 31st|
|Hand Deliver Entries:||Sunday, October 30th, and Monday, October 31st, 1 to 3 pm.|
|Show Dates and Times:||November 5th to December 18th, Saturdays & Sundays 1 to 5 pm|
|Opening Reception||Saturday, November 5th, 3 to 5 pm.|
Sunday, December 18th 3 to 5 pm or
Monday, December 19th, 1 to 3 pm