EXPRESSIVE EYES AND EMOTIONS
Friday, June 11th, 9 am to 4 pm
Members $75 | Non-Members $100
Hybrid Course, attend online or in-person
Learn how to paint eyes that are expressive of emotion. In this workshop, we will be focusing on how to make eyes that express happiness, sadness, anger, and surprise. We will take an in-depth look at the structure and form of the eye, as well as the anatomy responsible for conveying emotions. Taught from the perspective of oil painting, but students familiar with other painting mediums may use these instead.
– 4 small canvases or panels, each 5×7, or 1 larger canvas to do the studies on.
– 1 2B pencil
– 1 kneaded eraser
– 1 T-square
– Oil Paints: Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow, Titanium White, Ivory Black, Ultramarine Blue. (if you have other colors at home, feel free to bring these as well.)
– Mineral Spirits
– Tight-seal jar for mineral spirits, or a mineral spirits container
– Brushes: various sizes, including detail brushes. Recommended: Synthetic Round — brushes, but feel free to bring brushes of your preference.
– Optional: medium, such as linseed oil. Recommended: Gamblin Galkyd Gel or Liquin.